Bill C-7: Expanding Medical Assistance in Dying: Implications on Medical Practice
I hope you will join me on January 18th, from 8-9 am, as the Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation hosts the Grand Rounds for Physiaitry Western. This zoom presentation will be about Bill C-7 - the bill introducing changes to Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD). The Keynote Speaker is Dr. Ramona Coelho, who is a family physician. Her guests include:
- Dr. Valerie Schultz - Associate Dean, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Dr Leonie Herx - Division Chair of Palliative Medicine, Queen’s University
- Gabrielle Peters - Disabled writer/bad crip
A Question & Answer Period will follow.
Please register through ZOOM (you MUST pre-register):
Please e-mail email@example.com if you require information in a different format or if other arrangements can make this event accessible to you.
Their Learning Objectives / Presentation Summary is as follows:
1. An overview of Bill C-7 and its proposed changes in the legal expansion of medical assistance in dying (MAiD).
2. Explore the impacts of the legal bill on the practice of medicine, including physiatry.
3. Explore the effects on the disability community and other vulnerable populations.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Support for this webinar comes from Schulich Medicine and Dentistry, St Joseph's Healthcare London and the University of Western Ontario.
Hope to see you on Zoom!