Depression is not just "feeling bummed out". It is a serious medical condition and it is pretty common among people with spinal cord injuries. This American website provides a number of resources, including:
- a fact sheet
- a look at pain and depression
- a look at different treatment options
- the impact of physical activity and depression
- insight into what you can do
- a look at the relationship between spiritual wellbeing, depression and quality of life
If you need support right now, here is a link to Canadian mental health resources.